Coastcare programs depend on available funding and volunteers.
- Management planning to protect natural values of the coast
- Workplace Health & Safety (WHS)
- Natural resource management / Environmental knowledge capacity building and education
- Habitat Restoration and Weed Control
- Wetlands monitoring, restoration and weed control
- Seagrass monitoring
- Dune protection
- LOCAL coastal native plant promotion
- Fauna Study and Monitoring
- Shorebird & local bird education
- Water quality monitoring
- Marine debris monitoring, removal and education
This project has been ongoing for 4 years and is no longer funded by any grants. Many thanks to our volunteers who have enthusiastically decided to continue collecting data!
The project provides baseline ‘state of the environment’ video record, comparing underwater geology, sandbanks and marine species before proposed infrastructure development at one of the sites (the Norman Point Jetty Project that was being considered by GRC).