Cooloola Coast Voluntourism and Scientific Research Tourism Strategy 2020– 2030
Cooloola Coastcare will develop a strategic plan for 2020-2030 covering:
- Sustainable development of environmental science-based tourism.
- Strategies to increase domestic and international visitors through voluntourism and science trourism.
- Outline the requirements for development of services, experiences and infrastructure.
- Three case studies.
Cooloola Coastcare will develop a strategic plan for 2020-2030 with input from the community by conducting the following activities in 2019 and 2020:
- Literature review Voluntourism and Research Tourism.
- Interviews and Focus Groups including consultation with Indigenous groups, Economic Groups and Businesses
- Circulating the draft Cooloola Voluntourism and Research Tourism Strategy for comment and feedback
- Case studies x 3
- Publication of the Cooloola Coast Voluntourism and Scientific Research Tourism Strategy 2020– 2030
About the Researcher
Dr Lindy Orwin is the part time Coordinator of Cooloola Coastcare and an Honorary Research Fellow at the University of Southern Queensland's Institute for Resilient Regions. Lindy is an award winning educator and researcher, consultant and project manager. She is contracted by government departments, educational institutions, corporations, non-profit organizations and individuals on short and long term projects. She is a qualitative researcher with experience in Action Research and Design Based Research.
This project received grant funding from the Australian Government.
Building Better Regions Fund - Community Investments Stream Round Three